LAST UPDATED: November 2023
2. Personal Information
“Personal Information” is information that identifies or is capable of identifying you as an individual or relates to an identifiable individual. The Services collect Personal Information, including:
- Postal address
- Telephone number
- Email address
- SNS account ID
- List of SNS contacts
- Your device contacts, with your consent
3. Collection Of Personal Information
We and our service providers collect Personal Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through the Services.
- We collect Personal Information when you use or register for Services, for example, when you sign up for a newsletter, register an account to access the Services, or make a donation.
- From Other Sources. When you use the Services via an SNS, you will share certain Personal Information from that SNS with us, as defined by your privacy settings with the SNS, for example, your name, email address, photo, list of SNS contacts, and any other information that may be or you make accessible to us when you connect your SNS account to your Services account.
- When you use a third party payment service to make a donation to us, that third party payment service may provide us your name, email address, billing address, and telephone number.
4. Use of Personal Information
We and our service providers use Personal Information for the following purposes:
- Ensuring compliance with our Terms of Service, and sending administrative information to you, such as changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- Offering and rendering the Services.
- Responding to your inquiries and fulfilling your requests.
- Sending you marketing communications with information about the Services or our other activities.
- To analyze or predict our users’ preferences in order to prepare aggregated trend reports on how our digital content is used, so we can improve our Services.
- To better understand your interests and preferences, so that we can personalize our interactions with you and provide you with information and/or offers tailored to your interests.
- To better understand your preferences so that we can deliver content via our Services that we believe will be relevant and interesting to you.
- For data analysis, for example, to improve the efficiency of our Services.
- For audits, to verify that our internal processes function as intended and to address legal, regulatory, or contractual requirements.
- For fraud and security monitoring purposes, for example, to detect and prevent cyberattacks or attempts to commit identity theft.
- For developing new products and services.
- For enhancing, improving, repairing, maintaining, or modifying our current products and services, as well as undertaking quality and safety assurance measures.
- For identifying usage trends, for example, understanding which parts of our Services are of most interest to users.
- For determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, so that we can adapt our campaigns to the needs and interests of our users.
- For operating and expanding our business activities, for example, understanding which parts of our Services are of most interest to our users.
5. Disclosure of Personal Information
By using the Services, you may elect to disclose Personal Information, for example:
- On message boards, chat, profile pages, blogs, and other services to which you are able to post information and content (including, without limitation, our Social Media Pages). Please note that any information you post or disclose through these services will become public and may be available to other users and the general public.
In addition, we may disclose Personal Information:
- To our third party service providers to facilitate the services they provide to us, including, for example, website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, auditing, and other services.
- To our sub-grantees, which include third-party for-profit and non-profit organizations that work with us to support our provision of the Services under the grants we receive.
- To comply with applicable law and regulations.
- To comply with a subpoena, court order, and/or other legal instrument, legal proceeding or relevant request by public and government authorities or law enforcement.
- To enforce our terms and conditions.
- To protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of you or others.
- In connection with any reorganization, merger, sale, or joint venture of Digital Green or transfer, assignment, or other disposition of our assets (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
6. Other Information
“Other Information” is any information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an identifiable individual. We collect Other Information through the Services, such as Internet protocol (IP) addresses; browser and device information; Services usage data; information collected via cookies, pixel tags and other technologies; demographic information and other information provided by you that does not reveal your specific identity; and information that has been aggregated in a manner such that it no longer reveals your specific identity.
Your browser or device. Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Mac), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version and the name and version of the Services (such as the Product) you are using. We use this information to ensure that the Services function properly.
Physical Location. We may collect the physical location of your device by, for example, using satellite, cell phone tower or WiFi signals. We may use your device’s physical location to provide you with personalized location-based services and content. In some instances, you may be permitted to allow or deny such uses and/or sharing of your device’s location, but if you do, we may not be able to provide you with the applicable personalized services and content.
7. Choices and Access
If you no longer want to receive marketing communications from us on a going-forward basis, you may opt out by sending us an email at email@example.com. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you opt out of receiving marketing related emails from us, we may still send you important administrative messages, from which you cannot opt out.
We allow any user of the Services to inspect the Personal Information we maintain from him/her, and to request correction of any error in our records relating to such information. If you wish to inspect or correct your records, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are a resident of California, under the age of 18, and a registered user of the Services, you may ask us to remove content or information that you have posted to the Services by sending us an email at email@example.com. Please note that your request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information, as, for example, some of your content may have been reposted by another user.
We seek to use reasonable security methods to preserve the information we receive from you. However, no computer or network-based product can guarantee “perfect” security. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us in accordance with the “Contact” section below.
9. Links to Other Websites
In addition, we are not responsible for the information collection, use, disclosure, or security policies or practices of other organizations, such as Facebook, Apple, Google, Microsoft, RIM, or any other app developer, app provider, social media platform provider, SNS, operating system provider, wireless service provider, or device manufacturer, including with respect to any Personal Information you disclose to other organizations through or in connection with the Services.
10. Third Party Payment Service
We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13 years old, and the Services are not directed to individuals under the age of 13.
The Services are controlled and operated by us from the United States, and are not intended to subject us to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country or territory other than that of the United States.
650 California St., 7th Floor
San Francisco, CA 94108